1 kg Tomatoes (Tamatar)
1 teaspoon Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
30 grams fresh Ginger (Adrak) (2 tsps long strips)
2 cloves Garlic (Lasun), chopped
60 grams Raisins (Kishmish) (4 tsps)
2 teaspoons Salt (Namak)
1 Onion (Pyaj)
240 grams Sugar (Cheeni) (1 1/22 cup)
3/4 teaspoon crushed big Cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
1 1/2 cups Vinegar (Sirka)
10 blanched Almond (Badam)
* Put the tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes.
* Take out from the water, wipe and remove their skins and cut into small pieces.
* Cut ginger into long, thin slices.
* Put tomatoes, Red chili pepper , chopped garlic and ginger into a degchi and cook till tender.
* Stir constantly until thick.
* Add vinegar, sugar, cleaned raisins and crushed cardamoms and cook for 10 minutes.
* Remove from the fire, cool and keep in air tight jar.