1/2 kg Lemons (Nimbu)
12 cups (3 pints)
* Wash and dry the lemons.
* Remove the skin, then cut them into quarters and take out the pips.
* Put the Lemon pieces in a bowl, cover with water, and keep for 24 hours.
* Boil the lemon pieces in the same water, strain through a muslin cloth.
* Measure the juice and allow 1/2 kg sugar for each pint of the liquid.
* Heat the juice, add sugar and stir till it is dissolved.
* Cook on a hot fire until the syrup sets quickly or falls in drops when tested on a plate.
* Cool and pour into jars and close the lid tightly.