Arhar Dal Recipe
1 cup Split Red Lentil (Masoor Dal)
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tsp Cumin Seed Powder (Jeera)
2 Green Chilli (Hari mirch)
2 Dry Red Chily (Saboot Lal Mirchi)
1 tsp chopped Ginger (Adrak)
2 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
10 gms Mixed Spices (onion seeds,fenugreek seeds,aniseeds,cuminseeds and mustard seeds) 2 tblsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
1 tsp Sugar
Salt to taste
* Wash the dal and cook the dal in a sauteuse with the turmeric, salt and the sugar over a medium flame.
* Add half of the ginger to the dal along with the cumin powder.
* When the dal is cooked and thick remove from the fire.
* Heat the ghee in a pan and add the mixed spices,(a little of onion seeds, fenugreek seeds , aniseeds, cumin seeds and mustard seeds all mixed together).
* When the mustard seeds crackle add the bay leaf, remaining chopped ginger , slit green chilliesand the broken red chillies. fry for 2 minutes and pour over the dal.mix thoroughly. serve hot.
Labels: Arhar Dal Recipe